Familiarize yourself with the program details to prepare for this program.
Welcome to Dance as Medicine TT
Here we are; a few weeks away from embarking on a learning, growing, and transformative journey that is only possible because of this team’s efforts and your trust in these teachings.
We will synthesize this experience together while also creating mini webs of connection amongst your teams to weave from the incredibly potent group of people gathered in this program.
The sooner we get you out there as an Embodied Teacher, the sooner you will be experiencing Live within your communities, the medicine of conscious movement.
Thank you for watching the introduction video and resourcing with the following information so that you grasp the direction of this training and are ready for the experience ahead of time.
Reach out if you cannot find the information you are looking for!
Milèna & the Deep Flow team
Yes, the Warm-Up Class will be recorded!
» Times listed are PST | Vancouver, BC
» Time Converter
- In English
- 3 – 4:15 pm
- In French
- 10 – 11:15 am
Purpose & Intention
- Meet the team
- Test out our Zoom classroom
- Present key Zoom features
- Warm-up our dancing feet!
- Q & A
* This class is optional!
Attendance & Participation
This is an independent study program therefore you can dive in and absorb as much as we are offering, or as little as you need.
Although we favor Live presence, the advantage of online learning is that you can follow along at your own pace with the recordings.
Here is our minimum requirement:
→ Complete a block before embarking on the next segment.
→ Confirm with your coach once you have completed the recordings.
→ Contact your coach for questions & answers.
→ Connect with the people in your group to debrief your experience or complete a Breakout room exercise.
→ Communicate with your team to be involved in the Group Projects.
- Each Coach/team will set up their own communication system
- You will have a team schedule for your small group meetings
- Your coach/team members are your go-to people for Q&A
- It is your responsibility to inform your Coach & Team of where you are at, what you need, and how we can best support you.
- Your coach will bridge your group experience with Milèna and the rest of the team
Each block will have a group project associated with it.
The group projects are meant to integrate the teachings into practice, or real-life situations while also learning key leadership elements.
We will have a Live class a few weeks after each block where each team will share their findings/experience so that we can learn from one another.
→ Each project will have a Team Captain + a Spokesperson.
→ They will work closely with the team’s Coach to help orchestrate and deliver the final presentation.
→ The rest of the team members can choose their level of involvement; either take part in the project or be “a fly on the wall” if observing is how you prefer to learn, or what you have time/energy for.
→ We will take turns being the Captain and Spokesperson throughout the program; if that’s your thing!
Captain & Spokesperson
- The Team Captain will be in charge of gathering the group’s information, orchestrating the team, and piecing the project together.
- The Spokesperson will be the person sharing the group’s findings/experience during our presentation class
- The Spokesperson is the only one that must commit to being available and live during the presentation class.
- These roles are an opportunity to develop Embodied Leadership and Public Speaking skills while getting personalized feedback from both your Coach and Teachers.
Set up your space
We recommend setting up your space in such a way that you won’t need to leave during our meetings.
→ Have all that you need so that you can easily shift from being still to being in movement.
→ You don’t need a lot of space, but a private space is key.
→ The minimum space required would be the size of 2 yoga mats, side by side.
→ Inform your household that you are not available during our class.
→ Take into account that you might also need time and space to integrate afterward.
→ We wish to treat our time together as sacred; very much as if we were physically present together.
→ When that is not possible, simply turned your video off so that we are not disturbed by what might be happening on your screen.
→ Having that said; dancing kids, dogs, and cats are always a pleasure to have around!
Sacred Space Checklist:
- A private space to move freely
- Good lighting; we want to see you
- External speakers/Headphones to maximize sound
- Comfortable clothing; we do like fashion!
- Extra layer/blanket for rest time
- Journal & Pen handy at all times
- Cushions to sit/rest
- Plenty of water/tea
- Try to eat before/after, and not during class
Zoom & Technicalities
We will keep our Zoom Meetings simple and straightforward.
Review the following Zoom guidelines:
→ It is easier to use Zoom on a computer rather than a tablet or phone, although it will work if that is all you have
→ Update your Zoom version before each block so you always have the most recent version available
→ Use headphones or external speakers to maximize sound quality
→ Turn off your phone/computer notifications when in our Zoom Classroom
→ When you enter our Zoom meetings, you will always be muted.
→ Use the “Chat” option to send a message to the whole group or seledt someone specific to communicate directly with them.
→ You will receive an invitation to unmute when it’s your turn to speak.
→ Select Speaker View at the top right corner (recommended) to highlight who is speaking, while Gallery View will allow you to see everyone on small screens.
→ Use the “Raise your Hand” option (see the Emoji tab at the bottom of your screen) to get our Tech Host’s attention or to request to speak.
→ You will sometimes be sent into “Breakout Rooms”, which is a feature that splits the group into smaller classrooms so that you can share and debrief in a more intimate setting. We will run you through it at the Warm-Up Class.
Entering the Session
- The Zoom Classroom will always open 15-20 minutes ahead of time.
- We recommend that you arrive during that time frame, even if are still setting up.
- When you arrive click on the “…” icon on your photo to rename yourself if needs be; use only your first name, and add your pronoun if that is important to you.
- The class will start on time.
- Remember that you will be muted and can communicate with us via the “Chat”.
We recommend that you join our Warm-Up Class to sample our approach or to watch the recording if you can’t make it.
If you are still feeling nervous about the Zoom Classroom after that, contact Marie-Soleil and she will assign a team member to do a personalized coaching session with you before we start.