Practicum Study Tour
El Salvador Edition
Feb 12-17, 2023
Welcome to the Practicum Study Tour
The Practicum Study Tour will provide live teachings for those who have completed at least 75% of the Dance as Medicine Teacher Training of 2022.
The focus will be on what is much harder to achieve online such as circle work, embodiment, functional movement, crowd reading, space holding, ceremony, and the actual transmission of the medicine.
We will also work with the public, therefore you will get a chance to build mini-sessions, transmit the teachings in a small group setting, and either assist or lead aspects of a group session.
The first stop is coming up this February in El Salvador. The workshop location also offers accommodation should you wish to create your own retreat out of it.
Welcome to Balancé
El Salvador's Premier Surf & Yoga Retreat
Stay on-site and dive in; retreat style!
The grounds are private, serene, and enveloping; relax by the salt-water pool, discover the wholesome café, or take a sunset stroll on the beach.
Balancé is located in the heart of El Tunco, on the river, and steps from the beach. This quaint surf town offers plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, and stores within walking distance.
» subject to change without notice
Dates: Feb 12-17, 2023
- Sunday: Opening Circle 4-6 pm + Group Dinner (+35$)
- Monday: Group Workshop
- Tuesday: Public Workshop
- Wednesday: Floorwork + Circle Work + Ceremony
- Thursday: Somatic Unfolding + Public Workshop
- Friday: Closing Circle (done by 11 am)
Elemental Public Workshop
FEBRUARY 14 | 11am – 2pm
Prepared and operated as a group:
- Theme: Elemental Dance
- Practicum participants will be given different teaching tasks
- Try out your voice, somatic expression, and transmission.
- Open to all; no experience necessary.
Somatic Public Dance
FEBRUARY 16 | 7-9 pm
We will build the event as a group.
Step into transmission, hold space, embody the medicine, guide a segment, etc.
- Open to all
- $ Public Workshop
Andi Jane, our group coordinator, lives in El Salvador and is well acquainted with the area.
She will assist in the following:
- Airport Transportation
- Organize accommodation
- Propose key eating spots
- Support with specific needs
» all prices listed are in US$: El Salvador's local currency
- Flexible payment plans
- 25 hrs of study time
- 1 ceremony
- 2 snacks
- Triple Room: $80/night
- Double room: $95/night
- Everyone will have their own bed
- Each room has its own private bathroom
- Private rooms available upon request
Contact Andi Jane to stay elsewhere:
* Airport transportation is extra; we will regroup travelers to minimize travel costs.