Block 2 | Somatic Unfolding
A 5-Week Online Series
Partially opened to the public
Welcome to Somatic Unfolding
This series offers an opportunity to delve into the intricate layers of the subtle body, unveiling profound movement experiences that unlock hidden pathways and nurture somatic expressions.
We will use the 4-Directions to explore our “Sphere of Motion”, cultivating a profound sense of centeredness.
With a partial opening to the public, this series provides us with the opportunity to witness and hold space for individuals of diverse experiences, observing their somatic evolution and facilitating their unique paths of progress.
Each week will build from one another therefore it is recommended to complete the recordings in the given order.
A final project complete this series.
Block 2 | Schedule
3:30 - 5 pm PST (Vancouver/LA time)
Each team will be featured on a given week to give Milèna the opportunity to work closely with those who choose to step onto the stage.
Those who are prepared for transmission will acquire the art of teaching by embodying the principles of movement: magnifying motions to ensure visibility and mastering ways of moving that may not come naturally in order to connect with a broader spectrum of individuals.
We will assign you to a Coaching Group for this block.
- Learn from one another
- Support those readying for transmission
- Gain confidence in being a witness/coach for your guests
- Practice the art of validating & mirroring
- Debrief with your peers
- Deepen your overall experience
Manifesto: Open to the Public
Week 2-3-4 of Block 2 will be open to the public via a 3-week series called MANIFESTO.
Invite 1 to 3 guests for this 3-week series to practice the art of witnessing. (OPTIONAL)
COUPON CODE: DAMGUEST
The series will also be offered in French:
– Thursdays Nov 9-16-23
– 7 – 8:30 pm EST (Montreal | NY time)
Let us know if you need a Guest and we will assign you someone from the general public.
Coaching your Guests
- Practice explaining Dance as Medicine to people around you, using somatic language.
- Begin building your future community.
- Offer a preliminary meeting to introduce the Series in your own unique way.
- Establish a follow-up system that aligns with your schedule.
- Learn to validate and witness what arises for them while integrating tools learned during Block 1.
- Bring any questions or comments to your Team Coaching Sessions.
- Guests will not have access to our pre-recorded class, so it will be your responsibility to inform them about the purpose of the class each week.
- Be a featured student (optional) to learn teaching through embodiment.
Block 2 | Group Project
Wednesday Dec 13 | 3:30 - 5 pm PST
More information coming soon
- Team Captains & Spokespeople from Block 1 will pass on the baton to 2 new people from their team for Block 2
- The Team Captain will lead the final project for Block 2
- The Spokesperson must be available to be live with us on Dec 13.