Block 1 | Elemental Dance
Block 1 | Introduction
Welcome to Elemental Dance
This primary series serves as the foundation of our Somatic journey. It is here that we harness the body as a powerful tool for unraveling patterns, reconnecting with forgotten aspects of ourselves, and transforming pockets of density into a potent source of energy.
We will use the 5 elements as a compass to navigate sensations, anchor roots, instigate what is hidden, and alchemize what is showing up.
We will explore how by blending functional movements, the natural breath, and the felt sense we naturally reach a state of dance; a place where the body moves freely.
During Block 1, we will highlight chosen students to cultivate our capacity to witness and be witnessed, while fostering a deep sense of embodiment.
Your coach and team will serve as steadfast anchors throughout this series, offering invaluable guidance and resourceful support as you navigate the journey from the inside out.
Block 1 | Schedule
5 Consecutive Tuesdays
- Sept 5,12,19,26 + Oct 3
- 10 am to Noon PST
- Students will receive a 20-30 min. pre-recorded video prior to each online class.
- Pre-recorded video present the theoretical aspects.
- The online component emphasizes movement practice.
A Final Project completes this Block.
- Presentations: Oct 26
- 4 pm - 5:30 pm PST
* Option to participate in various ways, based on your availability, interest level, and personal investment.
* The spokesperson and team captain must commit to being present to the Live class.
What to wear
» Dress as per the Elements based on the course content (optional)
» Each Element can display a range of colors, reflecting your intention and the significance you assign to it.
» Oct 3: Dress for Ritual
» Dress in layers: some for active moments, inducing sweat, and others for restful relaxation.
» Check in with your coach & team for support or inspiration!
Attendance & Participation
- Review the pre-recorded classes before the Live class.
- Complete the classes in the given order.
- Develop a daily movement practice, even if brief.
- Integrate and journal on the element of the week.
- Build an altar for each element to immerse the teachings.
- Confirm in the FB group chat that have completed a recording.
- Reach out to your team to resource and get support.
Block 1 / Group Project
Video message coming soon.
The Group Project provides an invaluable opportunity to explore the integration of this series into our daily lives. By harnessing our energies in real-life scenarios, we can unlock the transformative potential of alchemy.
Collaborating with one another enhances our understanding and widens the horizons of our practice. It offers valuable insights into how others connect with the teachings and unlocks a world of endless possibilities for us to explore and embrace.
You can participate in this project at different levels. You can choose to observe and learn by being a “fly on the wall,” witnessing how others are approaching it. Alternatively, you can have a more active role by becoming a Team Captain, Spokesperson, or a dedicated team member, contributing to the project’s continuous progress and momentum.
- We will create 5 teams; 1 for each Element.
- As a team, you will build your “Alchemy Recipes” to equalize our being as life unfolds in mysterious and uncomfortable ways.
- Each group will elect a Team Captain and a Spokesperson; both will work closely with Milèna and their coach.
- Team Captains will develop their leadership skills, while Spokespeople will grow their public speaking skills by delivering the teams’ findings during our live presentation class on Oct 26.
- Only the Spokesperson/Team Captains must commit to being present during the Live class.