Block 1 | Elemental Dance
Block 1 | Introduction
Welcome to Elemental Dance
This primary series serves as the foundation of our Somatic journey. It is here that we harness the body as a powerful tool for unraveling patterns, reconnecting with forgotten aspects of ourselves, and transforming pockets of density into a potent source of energy.
We will use the 5 elements as a compass to navigate sensations, anchor roots, instigate what is hidden, and alchemize what is showing up.
We will explore how by blending functional movements, the natural breath, and the felt sense we naturally reach a state of dance; a place where the body moves freely.
During Block 1, we will highlight chosen students to cultivate our capacity to witness and be witnessed, while fostering a deep sense of embodiment.
Your coach and team will serve as steadfast anchors throughout this series, offering invaluable guidance and resourceful support as you navigate the journey from the inside out.
Block 1 | Schedule
5 Consecutive Tuesdays
- Sept 5,12,19,26 + Oct 3
- 10 am to Noon PST
- Students will receive a 20-30 min. pre-recorded video prior to each online class.
- Pre-recorded video present the theoretical aspects.
- The online component emphasizes movement practice.
What to wear
» Dress as per the Elements based on the course content (optional)
» Each Element can display a range of colors, reflecting your intention and the significance you assign to it.
» Oct 3: Dress for Ritual
» Dress in layers: some for active moments, inducing sweat, and others for restful relaxation.
» Check in with your coach & team for support or inspiration!
Attendance & Participation
- Review the pre-recorded classes before the Live class.
- Complete the classes in the given order.
- Develop a daily movement practice, even if brief.
- Integrate and journal on the element of the week.
- Build an altar for each element to immerse the teachings.
- Confirm in the FB group chat that have completed a recording.
- Reach out to your team to resource and get support.
Block 1 / Group Project
- DATE: Oct 26
- TIME: 4 pm - 5:30 pm PST
Each group will select a Team Captain and a Spokesperson, who will collaborate closely with Milèna and their coach.
Only the Spokesperson/Team Captains need to attend the Live class.
The Group Project offers a valuable opportunity to integrate this series into our daily lives.
By collaborating and exploring real-life scenarios, we unlock the transformative potential of alchemy. It enhances our understanding, broadens our horizons, and provides valuable insights into how others connect with the teachings.
Join at different levels: observe and learn, or take an active role as Team Captain, Spokesperson, or dedicated team member. Contribute to the project’s progress and momentum.
- As a team, you will create “Alchemy Recipes” to balance our existence as life unfolds in mysterious and challenging ways.
- Team Captains will develop leadership skills, while Spokespeople will enhance public speaking abilities by presenting the team’s findings in our live presentation class on Oct 26.